Received a Ticket for Reckless Driving
Speeding, racing, causing an accident, blocking the roadway, weaving, or not maintaining a traffic lane are all examples of reckless driving in New Jersey. A conviction for Reckless Driving or driving with complete disregard for the safety of other drivers, pedestrians and property carries serious consequences. Do not go to court alone to fight this charge. Attorney David C. Barry has more than 27 years of municipal court experience and could be the difference in your case.
Penalties for Reckless Driving in NJ
A person convicted of reckless driving can face the following punishments:
- County Jail up to 60 days
- fine of not less than $50.00 but not more than $200.00
- 5 MVC points (accumulation of 12 or more MVC point will result in license suspension)
- driver’s license suspension ranging from 1 to 90 days at the discretion of the judge
Conviction for a second or subsequent offense will be punished by:
- County Jail not up to 90 days
- fine of $100.00 to $500.00
- driver’s license suspension from 1 to 180 days if the judge deems the driver a road hazard
Call Attorney David C. Barry at 732-204-7387 to schedule a free consultation. David would be happy to review your case and develop the best course of action to defend your rights and driving privileges.